The Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia (WMRR) is seeking nominations for the 2019 Women in the Environment Award. The Award will be presented to a woman who has made a significant contribution to environmental sustainability in Australia over the past 5 years. There is no age limit for nominees, but they must demonstrate that they have at least 2 years’ experience in the environment industry.
Nomination for the award has been extended until 15 September 2019.
How to submit your nomination
Nomination for the Award must be submitted on the specified nomination form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2019.
Click here to download the nomination form
Nominees must provide a response (up to 100 words) on each of the following criteria:
- development and promotion of sustainability issues
- cooperation and collaboration with industry/stakeholders
- contribution to innovation
- demonstrated success in sustainability outcomes
- demonstrated leadership on sustainability issues
The nomination must be supported by a person (female or male) with a demonstrated experience of at least 5 years working in the environment industry. The nominee and their supporter must verify the application to confirm the accuracy of the information supplied. Previous unsuccessful applicants are eligible to re-apply.
A WMRR judging panel will consider all nominations for the Award. The panel may elect not to select a recipient of the Award for a particular year. Lobbying of the members of the panel by nominees or their supporters may result in disqualification. The decision of the WMRR panel is final and no appeals will be accepted.
The Award will be presented to the winner at the WMRR Victoria Christmas dinner in Melbourne in December 2019 (date to be confirmed).
The winner agrees to the following:
- The winner will be invited to attend and is expected to give a presentation at the awards ceremony. The winner should also be prepared to participate in media events and announcements from time to time.
- The winner is responsible for arranging their own air travel, accommodation, and taxis to attend the Dinner. These expenses will be reimbursed once the WMRR Expenses Reimbursement Form is completed and submitted to the WMRR National Office within one month of the event, together with scanned receipts for the claimed monies.
The 2019 Women in the Environment Award is proudly sponsored by: