Unveiling WMRR’s 2022-24 Board of Directors
2 June 2022
WMRR members have cast their votes in the 2022 Elected Director election and the Association is pleased to announce that Mr Justin Bonsey has been elected to the role for a two (2)-year term.
Voting, which closed at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, 31 May 2022, attracted more than 130 membership votes across three (3) candidates. Mr Bonsey, who is based in NSW and is currently the Strategic Lead – Resource Recovery at Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC), won the race with 64% of all eligible votes.
Nominations were called in April for the elected director position, as well as for the elected vice president and nominated director positions. Following the close of nominations on Friday, 29 April 2022, WMRR’s nomination committee assessed the applications for the nominated skilled director and appointed WMRR’s 2022 nominated directors.
WMRR’s 2022 nominated directors are Ms Isabel Axio, Senior Consultant at RMCG and Ms Geraldine Busby, Principal Waste Consultant at Encycle. Ms Christine Wardle, Blue Environment’s Managing Director and Mr Toby Terlet, Director, Business Development – Australia & New Zealand at Babcock & Wilcox will also be returning to the Board as nominated directors for a second term.
As we received (1) nomination for the elected vice president role, no election was called for this position and WMRR will be welcoming back National Vice President, Mr Mark Rawson, Managing Director and Principal Consultant at Rawtec, for a second term.
“WMRR congratulates Justin on winning the election and we sincerely thank all nominees for their enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to WMRR and the industry, as well as members who voted,” WMRR CEO, Ms Gayle Sloan, said.
“We are also delighted to welcome our new nominated directors, Isabel and Geraldine, and we are pleased with the return of Mark, Christine, and Toby for a second term.
“WMRR sincerely thanks outgoing Board directors – Mr Mike Ritchie, Dr Georgina Davis, Ms Kim Glassborow, and Mr Tim Youe – who have served the maximum two (2), two (2)-year terms. Your commitment to the Association and industry is truly appreciated,” Ms Sloan said.
All new Board directors will commence their terms at the forthcoming WMRR Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, 7 June 2022. The AGM is a free members-only event. For more information or to register, click here.
WMRR 2022-24 Board of Directors
- Mr Geoffrey Webster, Director, Waste and Management Services (WMRR National President)
- Mr Mark Rawson, Managing Director and Principal Consultant, Rawtec (WMRR National Vice President)
- Mr Bjoern Becker, Chairman, REMONDIS Australia
- Ms Christine Wardle, Managing Director, Blue Environment
- Mr Garth Lamb, Chief Development Officer, Re.Group
- Ms Geraldine Busby, Principal Waste Consultant, Encycle
- Mr Henry Anning, CEO – ResourceCo Energy Systems, ResourceCo
- Ms Isabel Axio, Senior Consultant, RMCG
- Mr Justin Bonsey, Strategic Lead – Resource Recovery, Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (SSROC)
- Mr Mark Biddulph, Head of Corporate Affairs, Cleanaway
- Mr Toby Terlet, Director - Business Development, Babcock & Wilcox