The Waste Educators are a working group formed to raise the profile of education within the waste and resource recovery sector, and to develop and encourage preferred practice waste education. The group provides support, information, advocacy and leadership for waste education professionals.
Objectives of the working group are:
- To connect waste and environmental educators and share information and experiences
- To raise the profile of education and its role in waste avoidance and resource recovery across government, industry and the broader community.
- Ensure waste education is an integral part of public policy
- Advance waste education as a profession and promote recognition of excellence in the practice of waste education
- To provide input into national issues through WMRR's Waste Educators national division
Membership of the Waste Educators working group is open to all financial members of WMRR. Members generally consist of waste educators and environmental officers working within local (metropolitan and regional councils) and state government; and consultants working within the waste and environmental management industry.
Meetings are generally held each month and teleconference facilities are provided for members in regional areas.