WMRR’s Landfill working group was formed to promote and improve the landfill industry. It provides support, information, advocacy and leadership to waste industry professionals who have an interest in landfills.
Objectives of the working group are:
- To share knowledge on key issues and developments for the landfill industry
- To be an open channel of communication between landfill operators, regulators and other stakeholders
- To inform and influence policy on issues relating to the landfill sector
- To raise the public profile and perception of landfilling
- To provide input into national issues through WMRR's Landfill national division
Membership of the Landfill working group is open to all financial members of WMRR. Members generally consist of landfill operators, local and state government, consultants, equipment suppliers and academics.
The working group is part of the WMRR's Landfill national division and has a representative on the WMRR Branch Committee.