The Carbon Committee is a WMRR working group that provides support, information, advocacy and leadership to waste industry professionals who have an interest in carbon policy issues.
Objectives of the working group are:
- To share knowledge on key issues and developments relating to carbon policy for the waste and resource recovery industry
- To be an open channel of communication between facility operators, regulators and other stakeholders
- To inform and influence policy on issues relating to carbon
- Contribute to the development and promotion of an understanding of carbon issues within the waste profession and the wider community
- To provide input into national issues through WMRR's Carbon national division
Membership of the Carbon Committee is open to all financial members of WMRR. Members generally consist of waste contractors, local and state government, consultants, legal advisors and waste generators.
Meetings are generally held each month and teleconference facilities are provided for members in regional areas.