The Young Professionals (YPs) working group was formed to provide a forum for career development and networking for young professionals working, or seeking work, in the waste management and resource recovery industry.
Objectives of the working group are:
- To increase the skills, knowledge and experience of young professionals
- To provide opportunities for young professionals and facilitate career development
- To empower young professionals to take an active role in the industry through WMRR
The YPs do this by:
- Promoting opportunities for increased training, mentorship and knowledge sharing
- Providing tools and resources
- Organising networking events and catered conference programs
- Working to provide enhanced benefits for students and YPs through their WMRR membership
Meetings are generally held each month and teleconference facilities can be provided for members in regional areas.