WMRR's working groups are driven by members and play a vital role in WMRR’s advocacy, knowledge sharing, and policy development activities, feeding into the activities of WMRR’s national Carbon, Landfill, Energy from Waste, Resource Recovery and Market Development, and Biohazardous Waste Industry divisions.
Working groups convene to share information, identify and develop research projects to attract industry and government funding, prepare policy positions on relevant state issues, and plan events to profile or develop the sector in that state.
- Landfill: (NSW, QLD, VIC, WA, SA/NT, TAS)
- Carbon: (Sleeper groups across jurisdictions)
- Waste Educators: (NSW, QLD, VIC, WA, SA/NT)
- Construction and Demolition: (NSW, QLD)
- Energy from Waste (EfW): (NSW, QLD, VIC, WA, SA/NT)
- Young Professionals: (NSW, VIC, SA/NT)
- Resource Recovery and Market Development: (NSW, QLD, VIC, WA, SA/NT, TAS).
Contact WMRR national office for more information, or become a member and join the working group of your interest or profession.