Skip to main content
Log in to your member portal
Fact Sheets and Reports
WMRR Board and Team
Networking & Professional Development
Advocacy & Industry Resources
Advertising and Career Centre
Become a Member
Benefits of Membership
Events & Conferences
Past Events & Conferences
CEO Report and Board Communique
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
WA Waste Reform Forum
The WA Branch of the Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia (WMRR) invite you to join them for an online Waste Reform Forum on Wednesday, 22 April 2020.
The WA Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) has released
two (2) waste reform papers
for public comment:
Closing the loop: Waste reforms for a circular economy
Review of the waste levy
The consultation period for these two papers has been extended to 15 July 2020.
As we consider an appropriate response to these papers, this forum will offer WMRR members an opportunity to hear from DWER and discuss key issues, including:
Waste levy review
- expanding the levy into regional areas;
- review of the levy price - in metro or expanded levy areas;
- scope of materials and/or facilities to be included under the levy; and
- the length of time levies should be set in advance.
Waste reforms for a circular economy
- the modified definition of landfill;
- the capture of a greater number of facilities as prescribed premises (including MRFs and transfer stations);
- increased reporting at facilities under revised licensing categories;
- increased enforcement of illegal dumping, including GPS tracking for some waste transport vehicles, new penalties for repeat offenders and stockpilers, and video monitoring at waste facilties; and
- changes to landfill category descriptions.
This a free members-only online forum. Details of how-to-join online will be sent to all registrants prior to the forum.
Members will need to renew their 2020 membership to be able to join this free event. If you haven't already renewed your WMRR membership, please contact the national office on (02) 8746 5000 or email email@example.com
4/22/2020 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM
via Zoom WA 6000 AUSTRALIA
Registration not available.
Keep me signed in
Create a new account